Thursday, April 6, 2006

We're In The Money

Another winner for my Father-in-law yesterday. The Orioles over the D-Rays. It wasn't even a contest. That's makes me 3 out of 4.
Today, I told him that the magic word was "Pedro." Mets over Nats.
Speaking of the Nats, what is up with Alfonso Soriano? Not running out a popout? Actually, not running at all. Frank Robinson was totally in the right for benching his problem child. There is no excuse for not running out a batted ball, regardless of where you think the ball is headed. Whether or not you think the ball is foul, anything can happen and often it does. We've seen this from Alfonso before. I would think a guy in his contract year would be hustling out everything, trying to rise the value of his stock. I'm interested to see if he does it again.
I'm still reeling from the Yankees loss last night. The more I think about it, the more I feel that we gave that game away. Defense wins ballgames and we played poor defense last night. 2 costly errors that changed the entire course of the game. I like to think it's just first week jitters. For the Bombers' sake, I hope it is. #27 will be hard to come if it's not.
J

0 comments: