Monday, September 18, 2006

Comedic Gold

I just got done watching last night's episode of "Family Guy" and there was one line that was hee-freakin-larious. If you're familiar with the show, you know how they always make a statement and it's followed by a cutaway scene that shows that statement. For example, "This reminds me of the time I locked myself in the car." And then the next scene shows him locked in the car with his keys on the ground. I'm laughing just thinking about it. Well, last night they hit pure comedy gold. Here's the setup:
Brian, the family's talking dog, becomes the host of a lunchtime radio talk show. Stewie, the baby of the family, prank calls the radio show. The guy who I assume is the program director tells Brian he loves the banter and they need to make Stewie a co-host. Brian says," Well. I guess he couldn't be any worse than Tim McCarver is at sportscasting." Then it goes to the cut-scene where McCarver is in the booth making a McCarveresque statement that makes no sense. Pure comedy gold.
I'm off to Toronto for the Yanks/Jays series. With any luck I'll get to see them clinch. The pitching might be a little thin, seeing that Wang, Johnson, Wright, and Mussina all pitched within the last 2 days. Rasner, Karstens, and Henn. This could be interesting.
Let's go Yankees!
J-Boggie

0 comments: