Friday, June 8, 2007

Two Yankees Games For The Price Of One

Another day. Another Yankee victory. The tide is definitely a-turning. I didn't get to see any of the game tonight but I did listen to every pitch on the radio. I decided to take in the SWB Yankees/Buffalo Bisons game instead. I went by myself, sat way down the 3rd baseline in deep LF, and for the most part, the game was great except for a gaggle of kids continuously running around. Nothing beats being at a ballpark. It's one of the very few places I don't mind going to by myself. I love it. It is very weird referring to another team as the "Yankees." I see it on the scoreboard and hear it used by the announcer. It's just plain weird.
Igawa looked pretty good. 7 innings of 5 hit ball, 2 walks, 8 Ks, 1 ER. He looked pretty good. I can't say the same for the SWB bullpen though. When Igawa left the game, the score was 11-1. After 8 innings, the score was 11-9. SWB held on for the W. I stuck around after the game to get Igawa's autograph in the player lot. It is hands down the worst signature ever. It's like 4 scribbled lines and a dot. Check out this Ebay listing for a picture of what it looks like. It's pretty bad. Enough about the Baby Bombers.
The Yankees game itself was pretty exciting to listen to. It took the Yankees a while to get going but they got the job done. It was good to see them battle back from 2 deficits and pull it out in extra frames. It sounded like Gorzellany was pretty in control except for the Matsui bomb. When Chris Duffy hit an inside-the-parker, I could see a repeat of Melky's blunder two years ago in Boston. According to Sterling, the ball was catchable. I haven't seen the play so somebody fill me in. All I have to say about the offense is you have to love Captain Clutch. Nuff said.
Another great game by Pettitte and what does he get to show for it? It's not right that his record is 3-4. Hopefully this isn't a "Houston" thing. Andy and Roger are in need of some well-deserved run support.
I was a little surprised that Mo went 2 innings considering he got 5 outs last night. I think it's a good sign. He hasn't exactly gotten a lot of work this season. That arm has to be fresh and ready to thrown. The radio call made it sound like Mo was the team's biggest cheerleader when the Yankees were batting. I was sitting in my seat juts picturing it. Did they show any of that on the broadcast? I would have liked to have seen it.
4 in a row baby! The longest winning streak of the season. Man that's sad. Tomorrow, well, later today, is what we've all been waiting for. The return of the Rocket. As if the team wasn't energized enough. Now we've got arguably the greatest starting pitcher ever suiting up in Pinstripes. The stadium is going to be electric.
Just under 12 hours 'til blastoff.
J

0 comments: