Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm Baaaaaack!

First off, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the comments they left regarding the birth of my son. I appreciate them all. He likes to cry, but other than that he's doing great. I'm running the vacumn cleaner right now to quiet him down. It calms him. But again, many thanks for all the comments. It means a lot. I also want to apologize for my prolonged absence, but I'm sure you can all understand why I've spent the last several weeks away. Babies are fun, but lots of work. Who knew?
I can sum up my feelings about tonight's come from behind win in 2 words: eff yeah! Many thanks to Terry Frankandbeans for totally mismanaging the Sox bullpen. Love ya T. The so-called "greatest relief" tandem in baseball wasn't so great tonight. Okajima and Papelboner got lit up. How great was it to see Papalebon get ripped for the loss. Awesome. Totally awesome. Or better yet, it was wicked awesome. I like dem apples.
It was good to see the offense spring to life in the 8th. Hopefully it kick starts them back into high gear for the final stretch of the season. I was in Toronto for the Yanks/Jays series and the Yankee bats were definitely cold those final 2 games. It was painful to watch them lose the last game. But I knew as soon as Chris Britton took the mound that they were going to lose. I told my buddy Dan's girlfriend that they were done. 5 pitches later, they were. I was more ticked at Melky for tanking the fly ball of the bat of the Big Hurt in the first. That ball was totally catchable. I could have seen my first no-hitter. Kennedy looked great. He's a keeper. God bless Cashman for having the sense not to trade him or Joba for the likes of Gagne.
It wasn't a bad few days on the autograph front. My haul was Joe Torre, Don Mattingly, Robinson Cano, AJ Burnett, Mariano Rivera, Chien-Ming Wang, Jason Giambi and Johnny Damon. I had Johnny sign the HR ball from his 2000th hit game back on 5/30. He was nice enough to add "Hit #1999, HR # 157" to the ball. I just missed out on getting autos from Jeter and Roger Clemens. I missed both by mere seconds. Maybe next time. I'm sure Roger has another go 'round in him.
4 back in the loss column with 2 more to play against the Sox. Not a bad place to be. Especially with Wang and Clemens throwing. Tomorrow's matchup of Wang v. Beckett may just decide the Cy Young race in the AL. My money is on Wang.
It's good to be back. Peace, love and Pinstripes.
J-Boogie

0 comments: