Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some Golden Glove Love

I'm sure everybody knows by now that the Yankees had 3 guys pick up 2010 Gold Glove Awards. One I think was very deserving. One I think was deserving but may not have been the most deserving. One probably didn't deserve but I'm happy he did and respect the players and coaches enough to back their decision.

Can you figure out who is who? Here is one thing I do find funny about the Gold Glove Awards. They are voted on by players and coaches. I'm surprised that Derek Jeter keeps winning this award considering he's been voted the most overrated player by his peers in those yearly polls taken by Sports Illustrated. You'd think if they really thought he was overrated that he wouldn't keep winning. I've always found that odd.

Congrats to Mark Teixeira, Derek Jeter and Robinson Cano on picking up the GG. The Yankees truly do have one of the best defensive infields. Not a bad thing to have behind you, eh Cliff Lee?

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: