Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baseball & The Boogie Down Turns 5

It's really hard to believe that 5 years ago today I started writing this Yankee blog. My how the time flies. It certainly hasn't felt like five years that's for sure. It still boggles my mind that anyone wants to read my thoughts and opinions. Over the 5 years I've had visitors from 125 countries/territories. Unreal. There are a lot of Yankees fans out there to say the least.

What I find to be one of the craziest things is that when I started writing this blog I didn't have any kids and none were on the way. Now I have 3. Needless to say they consume a lot of my time and they're definitely the biggest reason I have such high periods of inactivity. I almost hung up my spikes a few times but I've kept plugging along. And that's what I plan to keep doing. I may not fire off post after post. But you can sure bet that if I have something to say about the Yankees, I'll say it.

I've said several times throughout the years that the one thing I don't want this blog to be is a source for news. You guys can get that anywhere. I typically won't post something unless I have opinions to go with it. I've see many a blog over the years that just mention something that happened, like a free agent signing, and that's it. There's nothing behind the post. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it won't happen here. I don't blog for the purpose of picking up page hits.

This blog may not be the best. It may not be the biggest. It may not be the most active. I have to think though that I'm one of the older, and still (somewhat) active, Yankee blogs out there. From what I remember, there weren't a lot of us 5 years ago. There was a decent amount but a lot of them have moved on. I have no plans to do that. Where was I going with that? Lost my train of thought. Anyway.....

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to stop by and check the site out, send me an e-mail, or even follow me on Twitter. I appreciate, and will continue to appreciate, your time. Comments are always appreciated as well as any feedback on the blog itself. If you have thoughts on what you think could make the blog better, by all means please share. Your feedback and comments (unless it's spam) are always welcomed.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Subway Squawkers said...

J-Boogie -- Congrats on five years of the Boogie Down! And here's to (at least) five more years!

Take care,

Lisa
SubwaySquawkers.com