Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Swish's Wishes Giving Campaign Update

As I'm sure you know, if you're a regular blog reader, a couple of us Yankee fans got together this season to donate some money to Nick Swisher's charity, Swish's Wishes. Basically, every time Nick went deep, his charity earned some money. It worked out to be $41 per HR, and we also kicked in some extra for his appearance in the HR Derby. I'm happy to report that altogether our total contribution came out to $1249!! If you're interested in seeing a more detailed breakdown, you can see it in the upper left.

Hopefully, everybody comes through on their promise to send his charity the money. It's totally on the honor system. I sent my portion off this morning through my work's annual giving campaign. It would have been real nice if Nick's charity was eligible for an employer match but it wasn't.

I did want to take a second to thank everyone that pledged to donate. Thanks Dan, Conor, Conor's Dad, Chris, Mike D, Elyse, Danny Mac & Fernando. I again appreciate you stepping up and donating along with me. Much appreciated. Thanks again. If you need the info on where to send the donation, you can find it here.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: