Friday, August 7, 2009

Yankees Hammer The Red Sox

Seeing that the game wasn't broadcast in my area I don't have much to say about it. I checked in periodically on MLB.com's gamecast. I saw some highlights on ESPN's Baseball Tonight. A great win for the Yanks. They hammered the Sox. It wasn't pretty.

I checked out the box score. Not impressed with Joba's outing. Way too many walks. I'm not sure how he got by giving up only 4 runs. His outing was definitely a recipe for disaster. The offense broke out in a big way. That 4th inning must have been awesome. I was following along with that online as it happened. I heard that Michael Kay called it an "offensive orgy." Umm, ok. I guess that's one way of describing it. I couldn't help but bust a gut when I saw Billy Traber was pitching after Smoltz. I can't believe someone gave him a job. He's absolutely terrible. You can almost say the same for John Smoltz. He's having a terrible year. It would kind of suck if Smoltz and Glavine call it quits after this year. Talk about going out on a low note. It makes Mike Mussina's decision to go out on top look that much better. It's better to go out on your own terms than it is to have the game force you out because you no longer have the skills to pay the bills. That Moose is a smart cookie. I'm sure if he stuck around he'd be having a decent year. The Yanks could certainly use him right about now.

Well, that's all I got. I just took a gander at the schedule and it looks like there are 7 more My9 games. That's 7 too many if you ask me. I really wish they could somehow figure that out so they're shown in the western New York area. A.J. vs. Beckett tonight. Can't wait.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: