Not sure how many of you remember the contest I ran last September where I gave away 5 copies of the Essential Games Of Yankee Stadium DVD box set. Well with the new season upon us, I'm going to give away another 5, with the help of the good people at A&E. For those not familiar with these box sets, it's 6 classic Yankee games on DVD. If you'd like more details on the DVDs, click here.
I'm going to do this contest in the same manner I did the last one. I'm going to throw out 5 questions and the person who gets an answer correct will win the DVDs. There will be one winner per question. The person who is closest to the correct answer without going over will win. Ties will be broken with a "bonus" question. Each question will have 1 winner. You can only win once so if you win for the 1st question, you can't win for the others. Any questions, please let me know in your e-mail.
I am going to tie-in the 5 questions into this weekend's exhibition series against the Cubs. Here are the 5 questions:
- How many total runs will the Yankees and Cubs combine for in the 2 game series?
- How many total hits will the Yankees and Cubs combine for in the 2 game series?
- How many total strikeouts will the Yankees and Cubs combine for in the 2 game series?
- How many total home runs will the Yankees and Cubs combine for in the 2 game series?
- How many total walks will the Yankees and Cubs combine for in the 2 game series?
In the event of a tie, the tie-breaker question will be:
How many autographs do I have in my collection?
In the event of a 2nd tie, a 2nd tie-breaker question will be:
What will be the total number of points scored in Monday's (April 6th) NCAA Men's National Championship basketball game?
In the event of another tie, I'll do a random drawing from those who are still tied.
Please remember the winners will be those that are closest to the answer without going over. Here's what I need you to do if you want to enter:
- E-mail your guess to me at the e-mail address listed in the upper left under "contact me"
1 guess per person
- There is no need to leave the guess in the comments--this will negate the "price is right" strategy
- The deadline to submit a guess is Friday at 7:05 pm EST, which is when the Yankees/Cubs game starts . So get your guesses in before then and you're good.
The answers to the question will be in the form of a number. The person that guesses the correct answer for the question, or comes closest to the correct answer without going over will win. Any ties will be broken by the tie-breaker questions. I am going to post each person's guesses shortly after the first pitch of the Friday game is thrown. You can only win once, so if you win the DVD for the one of the questions, you can't win the other if you happen to win that one also.
Thanks and good luck!