Friday, February 5, 2010

Jumping The Shark

You guys catch Nick Swisher on this week's episode of How I Met Your Mother? If you didn't, you didn't miss much. He appeared for all of about 30 seconds and I think he said like 2 sentences, maybe 3. I'm assuming Nick is a fan of the show as his girlfriend appeared in an episode a few weeks back. Anyway, this post has more to do with the show itself than with Swisher.

I used to really like the show. I still do as it makes me laugh, but I don't like it as much as i used to. Not sure how many people out there are familiar with the phrase "jumping the shark." If you're not familiar with the phrase, give it a Google. In my opinion, the show has jumped it. They've jumped it several times. What's up with all of the stunt casting? It seems like every episode has a special guest star. Britney Spears? Carrie Underwood (future)? Stacey Keibler? Nick Swisher? Heidi and Spencer? Shows that have nothing to do with the point of the show? If it weren't for Neil Patrick Harris, I'd be long gone.

I've resorted to writing posts about TV shows. I really wish baseball were here.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: