Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011 Predictions & 2010 Predictions Revisited

It's that time of year again. Time to make some predictions for the upcoming season. I'm not really sure why I make these. I'm never right. First, let's take a look back at last year's predictions: I predicted that the Yankees, White Sox, Rangers, Phillies, Cardinals and Dodgers would win their respective divisions with the Red Sox and Braves winning the wild card. I hit on 3 of the 8 and correctly picked 4 of the 8 playoff teams. I also predicted each team's win/loss record. I got exactly none right. Of the 30 teams I correctly placed the Tigers, Indians, Royals, Rangers, Brewers, Astros, and the entire NL East. 11 out of 30. That's bad. I correctly put the Yankees and Rangers in the ALCS though I had the Yankees winning that series as well as the World Series. I didn't pick any of the major award winners either. I think the best prediction I made was that Robinson Cano would win the AL MVP. So close. So as you can see my success rate with these predictions isn't that good. But who cares, right? Why let that stop me? So here goes, minus the win/loss records. AL East:


  1. Boston Red Sox*

  2. New York Yankees**

  3. Toronto Blue Jays

  4. Tampa Bay Rays

  5. Baltimore Orioles

AL Central



  1. Detroit Tigers

  2. Minnesota Twins

  3. Chicago White Sox

  4. Kansas City Royals

  5. Cleveland Indians

AL West



  1. Oakland A's

  2. LA Angels

  3. Texas Rangers

  4. Seattle Mariners

NL East



  1. Philadelphia Phillies*

  2. Atlanta Braves**

  3. Florida Marlins

  4. New York Mets

  5. Washington Nationals

NL Central



  1. Cincinnati Reds

  2. Milwaukee Brewers

  3. St. Louis Cardinals

  4. Chicago Cubs

  5. Houston Astros

  6. Pittsburgh Pirates

NL West



  1. San Francisco Giants

  2. Colorado Rockies

  3. Los Angeles Dodgers

  4. San Diego Padres

  5. Arizona Diamondbacks

* = best record


** = wild card


Playoffs



  1. ALDS: Yankees over Tigers, A's over Red Sox

  2. NLDS: Braves over Giants, Phillies over Reds

  3. ALCS: Yankees over A's

  4. NLCS: Braves over Phillies

  5. World Series: do you have to ask?

Awards



  1. AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

  2. NL MVP: Albert Pujols

  3. AL Cy Young: Jon Lester

  4. NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay

  5. AL ROY: Mike Moustakas

  6. NL ROY: Freddy Freeman

  7. AL Manager of Year: Bob Geren

  8. NL Manager of Year: Fredi Gonzalez

There you go. Maybe this year I'll have a better success rate with these. As long as I'm right on the World Series winner, I'm happy.


Feel free to share your own predictions. If you offer up some criticism all I ask is you bring something other than telling me I'm stupid. Put some thought into it.


14.5 hours til the 1st pitch of 2011!! Let's do this.


Peace, love and Pinstripes,


J-Boogie

0 comments: