Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day Is Finally Here

Hey hey what do you say? I'm so happy it's Opening Day! It's been a long offseason. Made even longer because I didn't pay much attention to the offseason, or to Spring Training for that matter. I don't know why but I just couldn't get into it. I think I saw or listened to about 2 games worth of baseball. I feel so far removed from the Yankees right now. Starting the season is just what the doctor ordered. Or so I hope. Having 3 kids at home all under the age of 4 makes paying attention to anything hard.

Like I do every year I took half the day off from work. This is going to post at 10:30 so roughly t-minus 1.5 hours before I'm out of here. (Hey boss - if you're reading this I wrote it on Wednesday with a scheduled post time of Thursday. I would never blog on the clock.) I can't wait to get together with a few buddies and watch the game at a local watering hole. I'm really jealous of everyone in NYC right now. Attending a Yankees home opener is definitely on my bucket list. I envy you all.

As I mentioned above I paid very little attention to spring training. I caught a little bit here and there, read some stories and/or blogs every now and then, so I know a little of what's going on and how people are doing. Is it enough to write a pre-season blog post on, not even close. Here's all I'll say: I'm very pleased with this year's team. I like how the scrap heap pitchers have performed. I think A-Rod is going to have a MONSTER year. I think Teixeira won't slump in April. I think the Captain will bounce back. I'm glad they dealt Sergio Mitre. I miss Andy Pettitte. I think we'll see good A.J. much more than bad A.J.. Mo is, was, and will always be God on the field. Nice summary? I think so.

So there you have it everyone. My "the season is starting" blog post. I give it a C-, C at best. I'm a little rusty. I need to go through a few "minor league starts" to shake it off. It's my full intent to be an active blogger this season. I make no promises as it's tough to with 3 little ones taking up so much time but I'm sure as hell going to try.

I hope everyone had a great offseason and is ready for what I think will be a season for the ages. It's almost go-time. The march to #28 is officially underway. Make us proud boys.

Enjoy the opener.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: