Wednesday, October 4, 2006

A Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

That was a great game last night. A little scary at times, but I got the outcome I was expecting.
I thought Wang pitched a great game. I was a little shocked when Torre took him out with 2 down in the 7th. And for good reason as Mike Myers failed to do the one thing he's supposed to do and that's get the LH out. Another first batter HR. I think Ortiz did that to him way back earlier this season. Wang has 20 wins if you count the postseason. Who would have pegged that at the onset of the season? I certainly didn't. The kid has been great all year long. I'm glad Cashman was smart enough to hold onto him, and Cano for that matter.
Ah, the Captain. What a performance! I can't even put into words how awesome he was yesterday, so I'll just leave it at he's un-freakin'-believable.
I loved the lineup Torre put out there, by far the best lineup we've had out there all year. Stacked from top to bottom, and the alternating left/right is nice too. The lefties did very well against lefty killer "Gum Time." I thought A-Rod hit the ball pretty well. It was nice to see the ovation he got from the fans on his 1st AB. I'm expecting big things from this lineup. They're built to roll.
I thought Sheffield did well at first base, though he looked a little awkward. He did have a great stretch in I forget the inning. Maybe he'll look a little more comfortable there over time, but it didn't look natural. Am I the only one that saw that?
Game 2 is coming up in about 2 hours or so. Moose is on the bump and I'll be making my Moose calls as I watch the game. I suggest you do the same. It's always fun to let out a "Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooose." Say it with me at the top of each inning.
The Yankees have pretty much owned Detroit all season and the Tigers are playing like I expected them to all year. I never thought highly of the Tigers. Don't get me wrong, they deserve their spot in the dance, but they look they forgot the steps. I can't see this series going more than 4 games.
I was puttering around the MLBlogosphere this afternoon at work and I couldn't help but be amused by all the anti-Yankee venom being spewed over at the Red Sox Chick's blog. I'm reminded of the Gin Blossoms song "Hey Jealousy." The green monster, or monstah depending on where you're from, is rearing it's ugly head over there. Oh, brilliant idea hitting me. Wait for it. Wait for it. Are you ready? It's a doozie! From this point forward, the RSC will be forever referred to as "the green monster." Do I hear a second? "Second." Motion carried. It's now the law. Is it me, or do many (not all) of the card carrying members of the Red Sox Nation, such as the GM and her lackeys/cronies, lack the ability to think logically and also lack what appears to be simple reasoning skills? If you want a really good read, check this out, you won't be disappointed. Really, if you are a regular reader in the MLBlogosphere, you should give it a look. It's a rather well-done piece and kudos to Michael for not "thundering" any comments. Thunder. Ha. That still makes me laugh.
Consornit, the freakin' wife is yelling at me to take out the trash. Gotta go. Enjoy the game. Let's go Yankees!
Peace, love and Pinstripes.
J

0 comments: