Tuesday, July 13, 2010

RIP George Steinbrenner

Wow. What an insane couple of days! First Bob Sheppard. Now George Steinbrenner. I hope that things don't come in threes because I don't think we could handle another loss. Somebody make sure Yogi and Whitey are on lockdown for the next few days.

Wow. I'm still in shock. I always thought of "The Boss" as immortal. Even in his weakened condition I always thought he'd be around. As soon as the news broke I got a flurry of texts about it. A lot of people know I'm a huge Yankee fan so they were checking in. One of my fellow co-workers was surprised I didn't leave work to grieve.

George definitely revolutionized the game when he took over the Yankees. He was a great owner and fans of other teams would be stupid not to want an owner like George. He went balls out trying to win year in and year out. He didn't care if the team lost money. Winning was everything. You have to give him props for that. It was nice too that he went out on top, as a World Champion.

God bless ya George. Even though you're no longer here your presence will live on. Rest in peace.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An end of an era RIP to both Sheppard and Steinbrenner

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.