Monday, May 2, 2011

Bartolo Colon Continues To Be Baseball's Best Bargain As Yankees Beat Tigers 5-3

Tonight's game was another one of those games that I didn't get to pay a lot of attention to. First 3 innings or so were spent with the kids. The next 4 innings were spent tinkering with my laptop, which I'm happy to report is functional again. Yay me. I paid a little attention to it in those 4 innings but not as much as I would have liked. I was in front of the TV for the last 2 innings. I'm going to keep this blog really short. In addition to not seeing much of the game I'm beyond exhausted as I was up late last night, as I'm sure a lot of people were, watching history. Not to get political on everyone but last night was awesome. Big win for America. Big win for the world.

I saw very little of Bartolo Colon's outing tonight but was impressed with what little I saw. According to my twitter peeps it was another exceptional start. I was impressed with his pitching line. It's very solid and I love that he didn't walk anyone and struck out 7. I think it's safe to say that as of right now Colon is this year's biggest bargain. What a signing by Brian Cashman! If Colon keeps this up I can see him walking away with Comeback Player of the Year, assuming he's eligible. Not sure if not playing last year affects that at all.

When I hopped onto Twitter in the 7th inning one of the first things I found out about tonight's game was that the Yankees had "left a lot of ducks on the pond." I checked the in-game box score and saw they were 1-11 with RISP. That's not good and it won't usually get the job done. Thankfully Colon pitched as well as he did.

Nice job by Joba and Mo. Mo has been on fire since blowing 2 straight saves. That makes 3 saves in 3 days. Glad to have you back my friend.

I'm not going to see much of the game tomorrow. The missus and I are taking our two boys to see the Imagination Movers in concert. The show should end early enough for me to catch the end of it on the radio. The Yankees are on a nice little roll and it's CC's turn to keep it going tomorrow. Take it to 'em big man.

Peace, love, Pinstripes and God Bless America

J-Boogie

0 comments: