Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday

It just dawned on me that this blog was started just over a year ago. My how the time flies. It's been a lot of fun, and though I've been slacking off over the last month or so, I plan to picking back up with the daily posts real soon. I hope that you keep stopping by. The fact that anybody reads this still blows me away. So happy belated birthday Boogie Down. The first of many.
Even though we're just 3 weeks shy of the start of spring training, baseball season picks back up again for me this week. Tomorrow I'm making the short 2 hour drive down the NYS Thruway to Syracuse to get Yankee 3B coach Larry Bowa's autograph. I've always liked Bowa, and I'm glad I'm getting the chance to get his autograph. Then on Thursday, I'll be heading up to Toronto for an autograph session the Blue Jays hold for people who purchase one of their flex packs (I pick up a 10 game pack each year to go watch the Yanks). Hopefully this year's lineup is better than last year's. Last year it was Josh Towers (he got sent to AAA), Cito Gaston, HOFer Fergie Jenkins (that was the 3rd time I got his autograph), and Kevin Elster (he's apparently related to some dude in their marketing department-- and I already had his auto too.) Maybe this year they'll get a few current Jays to sign. I need to try and get the lineup in advance b/c I definitely don't want to drive across the border for a bunch of d-bags. Knock on wood. Today in the mail I got an offer from the Jays that if I bought a flex pack I could get an invite to a private Q&A with HOFer Reggie Jackson. I need to call and see if I can get in on that as I'd love to meet Mr. October, even though I've heard some less than flattering stories about him. With any luck, they'll let me attend and not exclude me b/c I already bought the tickets.
We're now under 3 weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report. I for one am getting pretty pumped for the upcoming season! April 2nd can't get here soon enough.
Peace, love and Pinstripes!
J-Boogie

0 comments: