Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We Want Bernie!

The Yankees have extended a non-guaranteed Minor League invite to spring training to fan favorite and life-long Yankee Bernie Williams. I for one want to see Bernie back in Pinstripes in 2008. I still think he can bring something to the table. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any room at the inn for Bern. The OF is already full and there are a plethora of 1B. So where would Bernie fit in? I'm not sure, but in the event of an injury to anyone, Bernie would be the guy I'd like to see step into that role. Maybe Jorge can teach him to be the backup C? Dare to dream.
I can't imagine Bernie in any other uniform, and I honestly don't think he can either. It would be just weird. What would be really weird would be to see him suiting up for the Scranton Yankees. That's a possibility. I hope the two sides can get creative and work something out.
Go Yanks!
J-Boog

0 comments: