Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nick Swisher Is A Yankee

As I was finishing my last post, I heard on XM Radio that the Yankees acquired Nick Swisher from the White Sox. I was kind of half listening and I'm pretty sure they said the Yankees. There were no specifics but my buddy Dan just got a text alert from ESPN that says they acquired him for Jeff Marquez. Interesting deal to say the least. First impression: I dig the deal if in fact it's straight up. There really isn't any room at the inn for Marquez and it makes sense to me to deal him. The Yankees let Abreu go and this could fill that hole. Or possibly he plays 1B and no Mark Teixeira? Lots of roster felxibility with this trade! I love it. I can't wait to see how the roster starts to shape up in the coming days. I love this time of year.

Here's a link to ESPN's story.

XM is reporting that the Yanks also dealt a kid with the last name of Teixeira. Not sure who that is but no relation to Mark. Now it sounds like they acquired him. MLBtraderumors says they acquired Kanekoa Texeira. That makes the deal even better.

XM is now mentioning that Wilson Betemit was in the deal. I still think it's a good deal. Never a big fan of Wilson's.

J-Boogie

0 comments: