Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bartolo Colon Is A Beast

It has not been a fun couple of days for me when it comes to some of my material possessions. Last week it was my car. This week it's our laptop. I think it's on its last legs and I've been trying to rescue it from the grave on and off for the last 2 days or so, mainly trying to pull stuff off of it when I get it up and running. I'm not sure what the issue is with it. It's about 2 years old and apparently it's a piece of garbage. Luckily, I have a laptop from work that I can use but I can't load any programs on it. But I can access the web, so here I am.

I watched tonight's Yankee game while tinkering with the laptop so needless to say the game didn't get my undivided attention. So I apologize for not going into more detail, but as they sometimes say, something is better than nothing:


  • Bartolo Colon is a beast. I didn't need to give the game 100% of my attention to see that. He's like a man reborn. Anybody see this coming? Nope.

  • The offense was still a little underwhelming and again they seem to rely on the longball. I have no problem with that and neither should you. Whatever works, right?

  • Nice bounceback by Mariano Rivera. It was good to see him do what he does best.

  • The Yankees rotation has been ridiculously good over the last 6 games. 43 IP, 28 hits, 10 walks, 32 K, and 8 ER. That's a WHIP of 0.88 and an ERA of 1.67. And the rotation was supposed to be the weak spot.

  • Brian Cashman is a genius. The low-risk high-reward signings are paying off.

CC Sabathia gets the start tomorrow night. If there's anyone that can keep the good times rolling for the SPs, it's the big man.


Peace, love and Pinstripes,


J-Boogie

0 comments: