Monday, April 18, 2011

Russell Martin Is Pretty Cool

I'm sure everyone has figured this out by now but if you haven't here's the headline: Russell Martin is pretty cool.

Earlier today Russell was on Twitter and he sent out a tweet that read, "Answering 'random' questions between 4pm and 5pm today. Spread the word. Thanks." And as he said, he spent about an hour or so answering questions that were tweeted his way, including one from me.

Now, I took Russell's request a little differently than he might have intended it. I'm sure he meant that he would answer questions at random. Instead of tweeting him the standard run-of-the-mill questions I literally sent him random questions. Here's a sample of my questions:

What's the difference between mostly sunny and partly cloudy?
Do you know the way to San Francisco?
Who put the bomp in the bomp-sh-bomp-she-bomp?
How do I know which arm rest is mine when I'm at the movies?
What did you think of Dustin Pedroia's performance in The Wizard of Oz?
Who's uglier? Kevin Youkilis or Sloth from The Goonies?

The last 2 were fan favorites. Sadly, and understandably, he didn't answer them. The question he chose to answer: Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego? His answer: NY. Very cool.

Anyway, how cool is it that he took an hour out of his day to interact with his fans? Pretty cool if you ask me. You don't see a lot of this from athletes. I've got to give Russell his props for doing it. In such a short period of time he's become a fan favorite. His tweet session today definitely added to that. He promised he'd do it again soon. I'm sure he will.

My favorite answer he gave came from a question asked by NinaSaidSo. It was also appropriately the question he answered last. The question: What is it like catching Mariano Rivera? His answer: Mo is one of a kind. Truer words were never spoken.

Lastly, if you're a Yankee fan and aren't on Twitter, you should definitely consider signing up. There's quite the community of Yankee fans on there and the discussion is pretty much 24-7. I highly recommend it. If you'd like to follow me my twitter handle is JBoogieDown. Come and join us. It's a lot of fun.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

Bella Foxx said...

I won't shy away, Kevin Youkilis is uglier. I'll follow you, and you can follow me. :)

J-Boogie said...

I agrre and you're followed!!