Monday, January 11, 2010

Cry Me A River

Mark McGwire did steroids. Shocking, I know. I was trying to catch the interview he did with Bob Costas but it fell at an inopportune time. Bed time for the little ones. Had I been thinking, I would have DVR'd it. Had I not wanted to watch last night's episodes of Chuck and The Cleveland Show, I would have tunes into the MLB Network after the kids went to bed because I'm sure they replayed it.

I did catch about 10 seconds of it. I tried to watch it but the littlest one (he's almost 9 months) just has to watch The Wiggles as he drinks his bedtime bottle. In the brief little bit I saw, Big Mac started tearing up and Costas asked him if he was OK to continue. Seeing him get teary-eyed made me want to barf. I'm glad I had to switch the channel, even to The Wiggles, because I probably would have thrown my kids bottle at the TV.

If anybody saw the interview, let me know what you thought of it. The PR Department @ the MLB Network e-mailed out some quotes from the interview but I didn't have a chance to go through and digest them. I'm not sure I want to bother. I'm not now nor ever have I been a McGwire fan. I remember rooting against him and Sosa back in '98. Even if you remove steroids from the equation, I don't think he's a HOFer. But that's just me. If you disagree, feel free to let me know why.

Wow. Who knew Jose Canseco was the most honest man in baseball?

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: