Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Can Only Say, Wow

The BBWAA has struck again. The baseball writers had a huge fail today, electing only Andre Dawson to the HOF. Wow. I thought for sure that Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar were shoe-ins. Both were close. And I mean close. Blyleven missed by 5 votes. Alomar missed by 8. Wow. I didn't see that coming. I'd have to think both are in next year, but with the BBWAA, you never know.

And as expected, some boneheads out there cast votes for guys that are so undeserving. Robin Ventura = 7 votes. Ellis Burks = 2 votes. Eric Karros = 2 votes. Kevin Appier = 1 vote. Pat Hentgen = 1 vote. David Segui = 1 vote. David Segui? Really? Wow.

It's a sad day for baseball. A sad day indeed.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

Schruender said...

David Segui?! He wasn't good AND he was using PEDs.

Robbie Alomar got cheated because he spat on an umpire in my opinion. And I don't feel bad for him. I'm sure he'll get into the hall on another ballot, but I'll gladly wait.

J-Boogie said...

The David Segui voter needs to have his membership in the BBWAA yanked because he obviously doesn't know anything.

As for Alomar, I can get past the spitting. He's a HOFer and should have gotten in, but he'll be in next year. At least he won't wait 10+ years like a lot of these guys.