Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HOF Vote Announced Today

Later today, at 2pm EST, the BBWAA will announce who, if anyone, was inducted into the HOF. If I had a vote, I would have voted for the following:

Bert Blyleven
Andre Dawson
Roberto Alomar
Barry Larkin

I think Alomar is a shoe-in and I have a feeling this is Bert's year. I'm not sure Larkin will get in on his 1st ballot and I think Dawson is probably a year away. For my money, they all should be inducted.

As is the case every year, some writers will cast votes for guys that shouldn't receive any votes. If a writer casts a vote for any of the following guys they should have their voting privileges taken away:

Kevin Appier
Andres Galarraga
Pat Hentgen
Mike Jackson
Eric Karros
Ray Lankford
Shane Reynolds
David Segui
Robin Ventura
Todd Zeile
Andy Ashby
Dave Burba
Fernando Vina

Maybe Galarraga shouldn't be on that list. I wouldn't vote for him but I can see him getting a few votes, not enough to keep him on the ballot. Everyone else is a guaranteed one and done.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: