Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fun And Games

The Yanks had their annual team outing today. The gang took the day off and spent the day in an arcade playing games. For those that don't remember, last year the team had a pool tournament. I've got to give it up to Joe Girardi for coming up with this idea last year. I think it's awesome that they take the day off and have a little bonding session before they get deep into the grind. I think this also goes a long way for enhancing the team's chemistry. Hey, it worked last year. Why not roll with it again?

The first spring training game kicks off tomorrow at 1pm. I'll be stuck at work but have the DVR set up to record it. I can't wait to see the boys trot out onto the field wearing the Pinstripes. It always gives me goosebumps. I probably won't get to watch the game until sometime after the kids go to bed. My wife's birthday is on Thursday and tomorrow night is the family party. I really can't wait to get home to watch it. To get myself in the mood, I just finished watching the 2009 World Series film on blu-ray. What better way to start the new season then by reliving how the last one ended, with the Yankees winning their 27th world championship.

If anyone is looking for something to do during the game tomorrow, the guys over at Bronx Baseball Daily (a must read) will be having a live game chat. I might hop in, assuming of course that the firewall at work lets me. Nothing beats talking Yankee baseball with fellow Yankee fans. Make sure to stop in and check it out.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: