Friday, March 19, 2010

Nick Swisher's Charity "Swish's Wishes" Gets Some Love

A week or so ago I blogged about how I wanted to donate to a Yankee-affiliated charity this year. I have decided to donate to Nick Swisher's charity, Swish's Wishes, which is, according to their website, dedicated to enriching lives and lifting the spirits of children who are facing vital health issues while providing care, comfort and support through the most difficult of times. Seems like a great cause.

My pledge is this: For every HR Nick Swisher hits I will donate $10 to his charity.

Thankfully, I am not alone in this call to action. Dan (from Bronx Baseball Daily and Was Watching) and Conor (from 6 Pound 8 Ounce Baby Joba) have stepped up to the plate to donate as well. We would sincerely appreciate it if you joined us in our mission to raise money for Nick's charity. No donation is too small. How much you'd donate is personal preference. Personally, I'm looking to donate between $200-300, which is how I came up with $10 per HR. Nick hit 29 dingers last year so it would have been $290 had I done this last year.

If you want to contribute, please let us know. We're (hopefully) going to track the overall amount on our respective blogs and we'd love to add your pledge amount to the total. We encourage you to participate as it's for a good cause, but no one should feel as if they have to. the more the merrier.

Dan, Conor and I thank you for your time.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

J-Boogie said...

Please don't post "comments" of that nature here. Links directing people to those kinds of sites do not belong, and are not wanted, here.