Monday, August 30, 2010

Yankees Beat A's To Keep Pace With Rays

The Yanks and A's are currently in the bottom of the 7th. The game is pretty much in hand (knock on wood) as the Yanks are up 11-4. I'm jumping the gun hear because my goal tonight is to go to bed by 10pm. That's 6 minutes from now so it's not looking like I'll make that goal. I don't want to slack on the blogging either.

I was giving my kids a bath during the start of the game. I thought we were in for a rough night as I listened to Dustin Moseley allow what seemed like everyone and their brother to reach base. I'll admit my confidence for a Yankee win was pretty low at that point. What was I thinking? This is the New York Yankees were talking about here. The Bronx Bombers. No deficit, especially 3 runs, in the 1st inning no less, can't be overcome. It didn't take long for the tide to turn.

Not Moseley's best outing as a Yankee, eh? 5 hits and 4 walks. I think Girardi made the right call to lift him when he did. It's nice to have ex-starters in the bullpen to eat up a lot of innings. Javy Vazquez pitched had a rock-solid outing. That's 2 not-so bad relief outings for JV. He keeps that up he'll probably pitch his way back into the rotation. That's a nice luxury for the Yankees to have. It's good to have options. Too funny. I write that Javy has a rock-solid outing and he just gives up an RBI double. Funny how that goes.

Great night offensively, through the 7 innings I saw anyway. Well, great night for the 3-4-5 hitters. As I write this, Swisher, Teixeira and Cano each have 3 hits a-piece. The trio is currently 9-11 with 3 2B, 2 HR, and 7 RBI. Nice job by the middle of the order. Am I the only one who can't believe Swisher is hitting just under .300. Assuming he doesn't get another AB, he'll end the night at .298. What a year he's having! I guess I can no longer call him "The Rally Killer." I'm so happy not to have to do that anymore.

Derek Jeter went 0-4. Sigh.

Another HR for Marcus Thames. I can't help myself. Anytime he steps up to the plate I yell, "MAH-CUS!" It's fun. You should try it.

Well, they're headed to the 9th. The game is still safely in hand as the Yanks are up 11-5. I don't see the A's scoring 6 times this inning. It looks like the Yanks will keep pace with the Rays, who also won. The Red Sox were off so we couldn't benefit from a Red Sox loss. The win drops the Yankees magic # to clinch a playoff spot to 25. 7 games with 31 to play. The fat lady is tuning up.

There's now 1 out in the 9th. I might as well stay up for the finish. Javy just whiffed Carson for his 5th K. Just closed it out with his 6 K. Great job by Javy. Too bad he can't do that every time out. Yankees win. Thuhh Yankees win. Off to bed. 21 minutes behind schedule.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: