Thursday, July 27, 2006

Off To Cooperstown

I'll be incommunicado for the next few days. I'm off to Cooperstown for the Induction Weekend. It'll be my first trip there for the Inductions so I'm not sure what to expect. I've made no arrangements to stay anywhere so I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I know for sure there are no hotels with any vacancies in the remote area which is cool, because I don't really want to spend the money. I'm hoping to sleep in the car in a lot somewhere in the village or near the village as I'm going to be putting in some long hours "hounding" for some autographs. I've got my game plan and about 2 dozen baseballs ready to be signed. Call it wishful thinking on my part, but I don't know what to expect. I know for sure I'll be getting 4 signatures that in all likelihood I'll pay for. Monte Irvin, Ralph Kiner, Bobby Doerr, and Whitey Ford. They are the 4 oldest HOFers that are scheduled to sign so I figured they'd be the best guys to get. With any luck, I'll get it before I pay for it to save on a few bucks. I can't wait to get there. It should be a lot of fun.
This is my favorite time of year as I coordinate my vacation around baseball. Last week i went to the 4 Yankees/Blue Jays game. This vacation kicks off with Cooperstown (Thursday-Sunday). On Monday, I'll be making my first trip to Fenway Park to catch the Sox play the Indians. I wonder who I'll root for there. Tuesday I'm driving back home to Buffalo, just to turn around and leave Wednesday morning for Kansas City. We're catching the Twins/Royals game Thursday night in KC and Friday we're going to Busch Stadium for the Brewers/Cardinals. It's Albert Pujols t-shirt night. Bonus! The entire trip is done by car and the wife and I have a lot of fun taking these trips. Last year we pulled off Shea, RFK, Tropicana, Dolphins Stadium, Turner Field, and Yankee Stadium in a little over a week. That was awesome. I hope this trip can duplicate the excitement of that trip. Hopefully, this time we won't be making a pit stop at an emergency room. Maybe I'll tell that story later. I'm going to bring along a laptop and hope to blog from the road. While I'm gone I need my fellow Yankee bloggers to hold down the fort. I look forward to reading the game accounts and your thoughts on what I've missed. Take care.
Peace, love and pinstripes.
J-Boogie

0 comments: