Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A-Rod Rumor

According to HalosHeaven.com, the Yanks and Angels have a deal worked out that would send A-Rod to the Angels for Jared Weaver, Dustin Moseley, and Jose Molina. I really hope Cashman is smarter than that b/c in my eyes, that deal blows like my cousin Brianne when she appeared in Nip/Tuck (sorry, I love the reference).
For starters, what need could their possibly be for Jose Molina. A soon-to-be 32 year old catcher that would no doubt serve as the backup to Posada. A career OPS of .626. There's a turn on. And Moseley. Admittedly, I don't know much about the cat, but do the Yankees really need another mid-20s starting pitcher when they already have so many? Jared Weaver had a solid debut and all, but he is a Weaver, and we Yankee fans remember his brother Jeff's go-around in Pinstripes. Don't get me wrong, Jared by most accounts has the stuff to be a top-level starter. But again, do the Yankees really need another young starter?
This deal sounds so preposterous that I can't buy it. I don't fault the Yankees for trying to shop A-Rod around. If they honestly feel he's bouncing after 2K7, why not try to get something in return? But there's a lot more to be had than Weaver, Moseley, and Molina. I hope this is idle chatter, b/c this deal, if it happened as stated, would be horrible for the bombers in my opinion. That would be a huge loss in offensive production for a marginal gain in the rotation. There are young enough arms stockpiled on the farm.
We'll have to wait and see.
Peace, love, and Pinstripes.
J

0 comments: