Tuesday, February 17, 2009

D-Day For A-Rod

We're a little more than 2 hours away from A-Rod's press conference. I am really curious to see how this goes down. Stupid me forgot to set up the DVR so I'll have to settle for the highlights. I have the capability to set up things to record via the Internet but have no idea how to do it. They are carrying it on XM Radio so I'll at least have that. Hopefully the reception holds up.

This is going to be quite the interesting day. I really hope A-Rod just opens up and comes clean on everything. Failing to do so is only going to mean he'll be questioned about it until all the questions are answered. He needs to be open and honest about everything. The more honest he is, the less questions he'll get. Just admit to everything you did and end this matter once and for all.

Knowing A-Rod and how he operates, I don't see that happening. At least not to that degree. I'm sure he'll open up about somethings, but he won't be as up front and honest as he should be. I heard/read he's hired a crisis management team. Ugh. That to me says he's not ready to be honest. I'm guessing he's being coached on what to say and how to present himself. I'd imagine they've gone over every question they think he'll get and how he'll answer them. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wearing a microscopic earpiece and recites answers being read to him. That would be the worse thing he can do. I hate to be cliche, but he needs to speak from the heart. I don't know why he needs a crisis management team. Having one on the payroll just shows that Alex is more concerned about his image than anything else. Stupid. Just stupid.

I haven't gotten too into Spring Training yet. I thought I'd be more into it but so far it's been pretty tame. I haven't seen any video of the guys and the only pics I've seen are the crappy ones from Pete Abraham's iPhone. I am excited to see footage of Teixeira, CC, A.J., pretty much everybody. Work has also been pretty busy lately and that's kept me a little out of the loop. We had some staff changes from a re-org and I had to deliver 2 dozen performance reviews. Not fun.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: