Friday, September 29, 2006

Flava In Ya Ear

So Daniel Cabrera saves a pitching masterpiece for the final week of the season. Thanks a lot Daniel. Where were you earlier in the year when my fantasy team was still in contention. I could have used that. Instead we'll turn in our worst performance ever in fantasy baseball. A disappointing 8th place finish. Yikes. we were hurt pretty bad by injuries. Yeah, I'll blame it on that. Anyway....
So the Yanks mustered 1 measly hit yesterday. With 1 out in the 8th inning, Robinson Cano singles to the opposite field to break up the no-no. I was kind of hoping that Cabrera would get the job done and take that one all the way. It might have lit a little extra something-something under Joe Torre and the Yankee lineup which they could have taken with them into the postseason. Imagine if the best offense in MLB were to get no hit? I'd be pretty fired up. The Yanks now hold a slim 1 game lead over the Tigers and Twins for home-field advantage. It's important that the Yankees clinch home-field for so many reasons. Most importantly......
I have tickets to home game #4 of the ALCS, which would be game 7. There won't be a game 7 if the Yankees don't have home-field. Don't get me wrong, if it takes only 6 games for the Yankees to win that series, I'll take it. I think the game will be on a Wednesday so it'll be tough to go anyway. I may have to end up selling them. They're good seats if the ticketmaster map was right. Row A of some middle section. Not bad. The only other Yankee playoff game I attended was the culmination of the 2004 collapse in the ALCS. I was at game 7 and witnessed the Red Sox celebrating in the Bronx. That was a tough pill to swallow. I was hoping for a repeat of 2003, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe this year will be different. With any luck, I'll get World Series tickets. That'd be a little easier to get to as I believe all 4 games in the Bronx would be on the weekend.
I'm glad Chien-Ming Wang is going to start game 1 of the ALDS. He's by far been the Yankee most consistent starter all year. He deserves the nod. Hopefully, The Big Unit will have a healthy back.
There was an interesting article in today's USA Today. it was actually the page 1 cover story. It was an article about Jeter and A-Rod and drew a comparison of the two. It was pretty interesting. Personally, I don't think A-Rod has gotten a fair shake in NY. He'd deserved better. Click here to read the article.
Today kicks off the final 3 days of the regular season. There are still a lot of unanswered questions. Who will win the AL Central? Who will the Yankee face? Who will win home-field? Who will join the Mets in the NL playoffs. The Astros are on fire. They could pull off one of the greatest season ending runs in history. I'd love to see them get back into the playoffs. I have to go back through my preseason prediction posts to check, but I'm pretty sure I picked the Astros to win the NL Central and had the Cards sitting out October. I'll be revisiting those predictions in the coming weeks as the season draws to a close.
Enjoy the final weekend everybody. There's a lot of exciting baseball that's going to happen over the next 3 days. And then, it starts......
Peace, love, and Pinstripes!
J-Boogie

0 comments: