Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Au Revoir Mr. Bobby

Just got a text alert update from the YES Network. The Yankees fired 3rd base coach Bobby Meachem and special pitching instructor Rich Monteleone. I'm glad Meachem was gone because he was absolutely brutal as a 3rd base coach. I can't even remember the number of runners he got thrown out at the plate. And most of the time they weren't even close plays. Usually they were out by a good 10 feet. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating but most of the time it wasn't even close. See ya later Bobby. Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

As for Rich Monteleone's canning? I'm impartial. I'm not really sure what a "special pitching instructor" does or what value they add. I know Rich sits behind the plate and charts pitches. Not sure how anyone can screw that up. But whatever.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: