Thursday, June 4, 2009

In A BS Move By MLB, Burnett Suspended 6 Games

A.J. Burnett has been suspended by MLB for throwing over the head of Nelson Cruz. This suspension is complete and utter BS. I thought the same thing about Josh Beckett's suspension for throwing over the head of Bobby Abreu. Now if Burnett were ejected from the game that's one thing. But suspending someone who was allowed to stay in the game and pitch is BS. MLB is setting a ridiculous precedent where there now going to have to suspend every pitcher who gets an umpire to issue a warning. Now, I'm not sure if MLB is doing this now as I don't follow every other team as closely as I do the Yankees. But suspending guys that weren't ejected makes no sense to me. The worst part of this story is that Vinvente Padilla wasn't suspended. He hit Teixeira twice. He was fined, but not suspended. I fail to follow that logic.

Burnett has appealed the suspension. It'll probably get knocked down to 5 games, which means his start would get pushed back a day. Not the end of the world, but BS nonetheless.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: