Monday, October 23, 2006

Mudslinger

Somebody want to tell me when Kenny Rogers turned into Roger Clemens? The guy with the career postseason record of 0-3 with an ERA near 9.00, all of the sudden turn into a guy who's hurled 23 scoreless innings this postseason and is virtually unhittable? I'm not buying it. I find it all very hard to believe.
Don't get me wrong, you don't win over 200 games in the majors if you don't have good stuff. But all of the sudden no one can hit Kenny Rogers?? Like I said, I'm not buying it. It's all too coincidental that he happened to have a "mystery substance" on his pitching hand, don't you think? I noticed it before they made mention of it on the broadcast. I just found it to be, like I said, a little coincidental.
Series knotted up at 1 and it's head to St. Louie. I still have no vested interest in this series, but after watching Rogers pitch his tail off, again, I think I'm pulling for the Cards.
J-Boogie

0 comments: