Monday, October 23, 2006

Tainted Love

The more I hear and read about Kenny Rogers and the "junk" on his hand, the more I think something shady is going down, and we're now in the "brush it under the rug" phase. It was more than obvious that Rogers had a "substance" on his hand. From what I've gathered, he was also spotted with a "substance" on his pitching hand during the ALCS. I couldn't find anything about that in print, but they were discussing it on "Baseball This Morning" on XM. It's all too shady.
MLB, for obvious reasons, wants this to go away. The last thing they want is for a guy to get caught cheating during the World Series. And who can blame them? In my reading today I came across an article by Dan Wetzel on Yahoo. Give it a read. It's pretty good.
As far as I'm concerned, Rogers was busted, plain and simple. And it's not out of the realm of possibility that the rest of the Tiger pitching staff has been following Rogers lead as they've all been virtually unhittable. Who knows now? Like I said, this all seems way too shady. Rogers went from marginally above average to the league's most dominant pitcher in a matter of 3 starts. I'm not buying it. And for that, the Tigers run to the title is tainted. Go Cards.
J

0 comments: