Saturday, October 21, 2006

Remembering The Days Of My Youth

I just spent the last hour and a half or so strolling down memory lane as I watched the classic Baseball flick, "Little Big League" on one of the thousands of HBO channels. I can't remember the last time I saw it, but I enjoyed it just the same. It always brings me back. The one thing that jumped out at me in this viewing happened near the end, when the Twins were playing the Mariners in their final game. The game went into extra-innings and Sweet Lou Pinella called on Randy Johnson to pitch. Seeing Johnson with his old-school mullet had me dying of laughter. It was classic.
I love baseball movies. I can't help it. I can't think of one I wouldn't drop everything to watch if it happened to be on the tube. My favorite has to be a tie between "Major League" and "The Sandlot." Both classics. I always look for the opportunity to use the phrase "You're killing me Smalls." It always makes me laugh when I hear other people use it. A smile is on my grill right now. Good times.
I'm curious to hear what baseball movies everybody out there can't enough of. Lay it on me. It could be a fun discussion and it'll definitely stir up some good memories.
J-Boogie

0 comments: