Friday, August 3, 2007

Catching Up

I've said this before but I need to say it again. I hate Thursday afternoon games. I never get to catch much of the action. I have a standing weekly meeting at 2pm every Thursday and it cuts into the listening time. I've also been slacking on my blogging duties. No real reason as to why. Some days I just don't feel like logging in and typing something up. I don't know how the beat writers do it.
I did get to hear part of yesterday's game. Unfortunately, it was all the bad parts. The top half of the second ended right before my meeting started. Down 8-0. Clemens got shelled. Hit after hit and every ball sounded like it was hit hard. I missed the call when Cano muffed up a play. I saw the line that Roger only had 3 earned runs. Still, you can't give up all those hits. So far, Roger hasn't been worth the money. But I'll still take him over Clippard, DeSalvo and Wright any day of the week.
Even though they were down 8 runs, I had this feeling in my gut that they could come back from that deficit. They've been swinging the bats so well recently that I wouldn't put it by them. They're definitely not the team they were earlier in the season. This is the offensive machine that everyone was expecting to roll over opposing pitchers. The offense definitely didn't fail yesterday. The meeting was getting pretty dull, so I pulled out my celly, dialed up a little MLB.com on the web browser and the score was knotted up at 8. At the time, I didn't know they answered back with all those runs in the very same inning. Good Lord these guys are good. Locked and loaded. Unfortunately, literally 10 seconds after I pulled up the score, it had changed to 10-8. That was quite the buzz kill but at least these guys didn't roll over and play dead.
Fast forward to another craptacular outing by everyone's favorite relief pitcher. It's time to cut our losses folks. Farnsworth has been nothing but brutal since day one. I'd love nothing more than to see the Yankees try to unload him by the end of the month. That would be a dream come true. He's pathetic and shouldn't be pitching in close games. How quickly that game changed yesterday? 2 dingers from K-Farns. At this point, I'd take an ice cold Coke for him in a trade. Scratch that, I'd take a room temperature Coke for him. He stinks. He's got to go.
A-Rod needs to stop pushing for 500. You can totally tell he's been trying to get over this hump. Just play your game dude. The longballs have been piling up all year. Do your thing and you'll get it before you know it.
I really like where the Yankees are right now. The offense is clicking big time. And with Phil Hughes getting the call this weekend, things are looking up in the pitching department. Pettitte, Wang, Mussina, Clemens and Hughes. I don't see how the Yankees can't win at least 3 of every 5 starts. They're in a good position. I feel pretty confident that these guys will be there come October. It's been a crazy season so far. It's hard to believe we're already nearing the home stretch. I love this game.
Peace, love and Pinstripes.
J

0 comments: