Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Closing The Bonds Poll

Even though there is 3 days left in the "Should The Yankees Sign Barry Bonds" poll, I'm going to end it early since it's not going to happen. I knew the odds of a Bonds signing were slim and none once Matsui came back from the DL and assumed the full-time DH role. But anyway, thanks to the 47 people who casted a vote. Here were the results:

  • 8 people (17%) said the Yankees should sign Bonds no matter the cost
  • 2 people (4%) said the Yankees should sign Bonds but only at the league minimum
  • 37 people (79%) said the Yankees shouldn't sign Bonds

So pretty much 4 of 5 people didn't want Bonds on the team. I'm certainly no fan of the guy, but to me it made sense. At least it did until Matsui came back. It wouldn't make any sense to carry Bonds in addtion to Matsui, Damon, Abreu, and Nady. If Matsui were out for the season, or wasn't coming back until late September, than I'd think they'd have been fools not to bring him in. Then again, what do I know. I didn't think they should have traded Hughes and Kennedy for Johan Santana and look where that got us. I'm still glad they didn't trade Hughes. I think he's going to be something special. Time will tell.

Thanks again to those that voted.

J-Boogie

0 comments: