We were at our friend's house yesterday for their son's 3rd birthday. It was such a beautiful day that the party was outside. My plan was to go in the house to check out the game here and there, but the NFL draft took precedent over the Yankees/Sox game and there was always someone checking that out. I occasionally walked to our car to check out the radio broadcast. Here's how the day went:
- 1st check - Yanks up 2-0, we're off to a good start
- 2nd check - Yanks up 4-0, cruising right along
- 3rd check - Cano hammers one off the wall and it's 6-0 Yanks, suck it Beckett
- 4th check - WTF? It's 6-5? How'd the hell that happen?
- 5th check - Johnny Damon goes yard to tie things? Damn you Yankee pitching.
- 6th check - Ortiz sac flies home a run and the Sox go back ahead. Aargh. Somebody stop them.
And that's where things got blurry because I hear, "Honey, I think my water broke." Showtime! Long story short, my wife's water broke at about 6:40pm and roughly 10 hours later, at 4:38 in the morning, our son, Griffin Cole Davis, was born, weighing in at 20.5 inches tall and 8.4 ounces. Everyone is doing great. I wish I could say the same for the Yankees.
I got the last inning in the delivery room as we waited for labor to really kick in. I saw Marte and Robertson put the game out of reach. Hopefully today is a better day. Regardless of how the game goes, it will be for me!
Peace, love and Pinstripes,