Thursday, September 2, 2010

CC Dominates & Leads Yankees To 4-Game Sweep Of A's

Didn't get to see the game today but followed along at work as best I could. CC Sabathia is the man. What a dominant performance. I didn't need to see the game to know that. Anytime you throw a 1-hitter over 8 innings you dominate. It was probably his best start of the season. The win puts him at 19 wins for the season and with at least 5 starts left you have to figure that winning 20 is inevitable. If he keeps pitching the way he's been pitching (15-2 in last 18 starts) winning 24 games is certainly possible. Great googily moogily. Going into the last month of the season CC has to be the favorite to win the AL Cy Young. I do have 2 questions for everyone: 1)Anybody think CC isn't worth every penny he's getting from the Yankees? 2)Anybody think CC will opt-out of his contract after next season? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions I think you need to get your head examined. He's 38-13 (.745) in 63 starts as a Yankee. He's won a World Series ring and is poised to win another. No chance he leaves.

Nice day at the plate for Granderson. I heard the 2nd HR. I stopped someone talking to me in mid-sentence so I could hear it on the radio as Sterling made the call. I hope that Nick Swisher's knee injury isn't too serious. I'd hate to see him miss some time.

Other than that I don't have much to say. I kind of like that it was a day game today even though I couldn't watch it. I'm dead tired and might be able to hit the sheets at my self-imposed bed time of 10pm. I struggle to stay on track at night. The magic # to clinch a playoff spot is now 21. Hopefully tonight the Red Sox lose and it drops to 20. It's going to be fun watching that number drop over the next few weeks. October baseball in the Bronx. Gotta love it.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: