Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well, At Least The Sox Lost

Not a good couple of games for the Yankees. They've now lost 3 straight and 2 to the used-to-be lowly Orioles. Cheers to Buck Showalter for turning that ship around. Jeers to the Yankees for letting it happen to them. I thought for sure tonight's game was a slam dunk for the Yankees. What can I say? CC Sabathia has spoiled me. He's been that good. I think they mentioned during the broadcast that he hadn't lost a game at Yankee Stadium since July of last year. Coming into tonight he was 15-0 or 16-0 (I forget and am too lazy to look it up) in his last 21 home starts. I had no idea he was on a run like that. I don't think he pitched poorly today but he definitely wasn't the CC we all know and love. He'll get 'em next time.

Offense has been a little flat lately, eh? They seem to go in these funks every now and then but always seem to snap out of it. I'm hoping they do so tomorrow.

I noticed a lot of Yankees fans on Twitter bagging on the Red Sox for not beating the Rays tonight. Personally, I'm pulling for the Rays. I'm all about having the Yankees clinch a postseason berth as soon as possible. The quickest way to do that is to eliminate the Sox, both the Red and the White. I'd love for the Yankees to win the division, and I think they will, but I sleep better knowing they're ticket is punched. And I know that a Sox comeback isn't going to happen, but I can't change my tune. Clinch at least the wild card and then focus on the division. Both the Red Sox and White Sox lost tonight. The White Sox are actually a-half game better than Boston. The magic # to eliminate the White Sox is 16 and to eliminate the Red Sox is 15. I'm all about seeing those numbers drop ASAP. Worry about the Rays later. But that's me? Am I alone in this? Should I be rooting for the Sox?

Day game tomorrow. Not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to it. My work calendar is open as of now but that changes so quickly. Maybe I'll get lucky. Cross your fingers.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: