Monday, September 20, 2010

The Grandyman Delivers In A Big Way

Big win for the Yankees tonight. It wasn't the prettiest of wins but it's a win nonetheless. I'm going to keep this short and sweet tonight because, well, it's past my bedtime. Sorry, need my beauty sleep.

Curtis Granderson came up big tonight. He saved the bullpen's bacon.

I asked this before and still need to know the answer: why is Chad Gaudin pitching in close games?

Mariano Rivera is starting to scare me, but only a little.

The lead in the East is now 1.5 games and the magic # to clinch a playoff spot is down to 5. If I were a Red Sox fan I'd be pulling for a Yankees sweep. But for the most part they're a stupid breed. Not all of them are dumb but I'll bet more than half probably won't realize it's in their best interests to have the Yankees sweep this series.

The Steinbrenner tribute was well done. What better way to cap it off than with a W. RIP Boss.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: