Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Can't Win 'Em All

If you've been keeping up on your reading, you'll know i suggested to my Father-in-law that he lay his money on the Brewers and the Astros again today. Boy was I off on the Astros! Who would have thought Pettitte would get rocked like that? And by the Marlins no less. Who called their offense anemic? Oh yeah, that was me. Just goes to show that you can't judge a team on 1 game. Marlins hitters knocked Pettitte around for 10 runs on 13 hits. Hanley Ramirez goes 4 for 5 with 3 RBI. How's that one taste Beantown?
At least the Brewers came through and gave me a split. Turnbow made things interesting though, allowing the tying run to reach 2nd w/ only 1 out. and what's up with Prince Fielder? 0-9 w/ 7 K. Not a good way to start the season. Maybe he needs to ask his Dad for some tips. The Brewers are going to have a good year. I picked them to finish 2nd in the Central behind the Astros. I still stand by those predictions.
Tomorrow I told my Father-in-law to take the Orioles over the D-Rays. Erik Bedard vs. Seth McClung. I feel confident in the pick. Cross your fingers.
J-Boogie

0 comments: