Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Jeter = MCP

You knew this was coming:
"While I know that voting for these awards is primarily based on differing opinions and statistical debates, it's also part of what makes baseball such a great sport. Having said that, I'm flattered and honored to have been considered for the American League Most Valuable Player Award. I want to congratulate Justin Morneau on this well-deserved honor. He is a special player, and I suspect this won't be the last time you will hear his name mentioned when awards are being passed out. You've heard me say it a thousand times, but winning the World Series for the New York Yankees continues to be my main focus. There is no individual award that can compare with a championship trophy, and I look forward to working towards that challenge again in 2007." - Derek Jeter
Jeter may have lost out on the MVP, but I think it's safe to say he'd unanimously be named Most Classy Player. Even the baseball writers couldn't botch that call.
J

0 comments: