Friday, December 12, 2008

Burnett Bronx Bound?

A.J. Burnett apparently told one of the Yankees players that they were going to be teammates. This comes from an article in the NY Post by George King and Joel Sherman. According to the article, the unnamed Yankee is quoted as saying, "He wants to come to New York - those words came out of his mouth. He really wants to play here."

While I think Burnett is likely going to be a Yankee, I don't put much stock in these reports. I do think they usually turn out to be true, but you never know with these newspaper guys. I am curious to know who the unnamed Yankee is. If there were a name attached to the report, I'd buy into it 100%. For now, I'm taking it for what it's worth....gossip.

According to Ed Price with the NJ Star-Ledger, Burnett's agent, Darek Braunecker, reported that A.J. is "in decision making mode." According to my friend Jeff, A.J. is supposed to decide today. Not sure where he heard it, but I believe we'll hear something soon.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: