Monday, January 12, 2009

The HOF Vote

We're moments away from finding out who will make it into the HOF. The question that I have isn't who will get in with Rickey Henderson, but rather who will receive votes that absolutely shouldn't? Every year there seems to be a guy, like Walt Weiss did a year or two ago. This year's list of the undeserving in my opinion are Ron Gant, Dan Plesac, Jay Bell, Jesse Orosco, Greg Vaughn and to a slightly lesser extent, Mark Grace and Mo Vaughn. Now that's not to say that I think everyone else on the ballot deserves to be voted for, but I can understand why people might think they are HOFworthy. But the above 7? They don't deserve even 1 vote in my opinion.

If I had the luxury of casting a ballot, I would have voted for Henderson, Blyleven, Rice, Smith and Dawson. If only I were that lucky.

J-Boogie

0 comments: