Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mark Teixiera Press Conference

I've got the Mark Teixiera press conference playing on my XM Radio. Here are some things I took away from it, with some of my comments bolded/italicized.

  • Hal Steinebrenner said he and his family are committed to investing and reinvesting in the Yankees to guarantee they put the best possible product on the field. 1000 times thank you. God bless you guys for continuing to try to win year after year.
  • Brian Cashman presented Teixeira's wife, Leigh, with some roses. Aw, how cute.
  • Joe Girardi can't wait to pencil his name into the lineup. I can't wait either.
  • Mark's will wear #25. Order your jerseys now folks.
  • Mark is excited his family is close by and can come see him more often
  • He doesn't think he's reached his potential yet. I hope he's right.
  • Mark and his wife decided two weeks before Christmas that he wanted to play for the Yankees. He said his wife wanted him to be a Yankee. Maybe we should all send her roses?
  • He feels blessed to be a part of the first season of the new Yankee Stadium.

XM didn't broadcast the whole press conference. At least I don't think they did. They carried the 1st 20 minutes of it, which is about how long a segment is. So that's all I've got. I'm sure the conference will be broadcast in its entirety on the YES Network. Maybe they'll post the audio from it on the Yankees multimedia website. If they do, I'll link to it here.

Man, I can't wait until pitchers and catchers report!!

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got most of it. Mark answered the usual questions - Mattingly, being a Yankee, handling the pressure, etc. He seemed genuinely excited.