Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!


Sorry for not posting after yesterday's game. My friend Joe and I took a little road trip to Erie, PA to check out the Trenton Thunder. They crushed the Seawolves 10-1. I also got Jesus Montero's autograph. Good times.

Yesterday's game in a nutshell: A.J. was again the man. Hughes is in, Bruney is out. Mo picked up another save and A-Rod hit another homer. Yankees win. Thuhhhh Yankees win. I like the fact that Hughes is now pitching the 8th. He's been pretty dominant as a reliever and has been extremely consistent. The Yankees wisely replaced Bruney with Hughes. I like Bruney and all, but I'm a Hughes guy. I guess we can start the "Hughes to the bullpen" debate now. Like Joba, he's going to excel as the set-up guy and then move to the rotation next year. It isn't even a question. Hughes is a starter and will be in the future. It would be a waste to have him pitch out of the pen in the future. Same as it is with Joba.

Enjoy the 4th!

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: