Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yanks Fall To Rays 6-2

I didn't get to see the game last night because it was on My9 so this won't be a long post. A 6-2 loss, eh? Oh well, you can't win them all. The box score doesn't tell me anything really. Nothing in it jumps out at me. I see A-Rod and Jeter each committed a throwing error but that's about it. If anyone watched the game and wants to drop me a quick recap, feel free to lay it on me. The good news is that the Red Sox lost as well, so no harm no foul.

The big loss yesterday came off the field as we found out that Chien-Ming Wang is having season ending shoulder surgery. It's been a very disappointing year for the Wanger. His season got off on the wrong foot (no pun intended) and it just never got going. It won't be a huge loss for the Yankees though. CMW has only made 9 starts this year, going 1-6 with a 9.64 ERA. To be honest, the Yanks probably would have been better off if Wang missed all of this season. The pitcher we saw this year wasn't Chien-Ming Wang. It might as well have been someone else.

I am interested to see who fills that spot in the rotation. I don't see it being Sergio Mitre or any Yankee farm-hand. The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and rumors are floating around about several names. I'd have to think the guys in the mix, even if it's to a small extent, are Roy Halladay, cliff Lee, Jarrod Washburn, and Bronson Arroyo. Everything I've read right now is pure speculation. I don't think I've even seen a rumored offer for anyone. Cashman must be playing this one close to the vest. Maybe he's got something up his sleeve? The deadline is this Friday so we should find something out in the next few days. Wang's injury will probably force Cashman's hand a little bit. My gut tells me a trade is coming.

Joba tonight. He's been on fire since the ASB. 2 starts, 13.2 IP, 5 hits, 6 BB, 2 ER, and 14 K. Go Yanks.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

NDIrish11 said...

Don't complain about not getting My9. Life is much worse for when you just get My9 and not YES haha

J-Boogie said...

That would be pretty bad. I'm glad I don't have that problem.