Monday, October 5, 2009

And Now The Real Fun Begins

The Yanks finished off the regular season on a high note. Their victory over the Rays was a nice way to end things. The Yanks finished with an MLB best 103 wins. 103-59. That's pretty impressive. Now it's time to make sure that those 103 wins aren't for nothing. It only means something if they bring home the franchise's 27th world title. Anything less than that and the season is a failure.

Burnett looked good in his final start. It's good to see that he's put together a nice string of ballgames. Hopefully his head is in the right place.

How awesome is A-Rod? His 2 HR/7 RBI in one inning was incredible. I'm still flabbergasted that he finished with 30 HRs and 100 RBI. I thought for sure there was no way he'd hit those marks. But he's A-Rod. I should have known better. Now he just needs to deliver in October.

Congrats to Mark Teixeira on finishing tied for the lead league in HRs and for finishing 1st in RBI. Mark had a great debut season with the Yanks. He should fare very well in the MVP voting. Again though, it's all for nothing if he falls flat in the postseason.

The absolute best case scenario happened for the Yanks as the Twins and Tigers have to play a 1-game playoff tomorrow. I'm not sure who I am rooting for to win now. I was originally pulling for the Look-alikes, but they're probably the hottest team in baseball right now. I think the Yanks match up better with the Twins but they're hot and that's a little scary. Now that Verlander isn't pitching game 1, I really think the pitching macthups favor the Yanks, but it'll probably favor them in either series. I don't know. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I like the Twins better so I guess I'll pull for them. I have a ticket to game 5 of the ALDS but I really hope they don't play that game. I'm all about the Yanks clinching early. I had a ticket to game 7 of the 2004 ALCS. When they were up 3-0, the last thing I wanted was to go to that game. I'm definitely OK with not going. Wrap it up in 3 Yanks.

The real fun starts Wednesday. I love this time of year. Don't you?

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-boogie

5 comments:

Rob A from BBD said...

It's awesome that they walked Teixeira to keep him from passing Pena for total homers, but that just lead to one gigantic inning by Arod.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. Didn't you learn from before? A ticket to game 5 means the Yanks are gonna lose in 5, bro.

J-Boogie said...

Rob- that worked out pretty well didn't it? A-Rod does some amazing things. You know he was thinking HR all the way.

Don- I thought of that. I honestly don't think they'll go 5 games but if they do, I'll be there. 1 time means nothing. 2 timea and then maybe we're on to something.

Alex H said...

ouch, you were at game 7 of the 04 ALCS? that's rough... haha, i would've been pulling my hair out.

J-Boogie said...

Alex- it definitely wasn't a good time and if I had any hair, I probably would have pulled it out. My friends want to ban me from elimination games. Maybe if I go to a 2nd one and they lose I'll let them.