Friday, October 16, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

It looks like it's going to be raining in the Bronx all weekend. As a ticket holder for Saturday's game, this does not make me a happy camper.

The last thing I want to happen is to have the game pushed back to Sunday or even Monday. That wouldn't work well for me. If I only had to travel an hour that would be one thing, but we're talking a 6-7 hour 1-way drive. I'd definitely have to stay in the area which means more money out of my pocket. Then there's work. If the game gets pushed back to Sunday, I'd have to take Monday off. God forbid it gets pushed back to Monday. I'm definitely going to the game come hell or high water. With all the rain in the forecast, it could be the high water I have to deal with.

Secondly, watching baseball in chilly temperatures is one thing. Chill temperatures and freezing rain for 2.5+ hours? Not ideal.

Rain rain go away. Come again another day.

J-Boogie

3 comments:

cheshirecat9 said...

Just saw you are going to Game 2. I have tickets for tonight! In section 324. I recommend if you have time to check out the museum, even if you have to wait on line for a bit. It is pretty cool. The Jim Beame suite is bar on the upper level that you can only get into if you have tickets to certain seats. Might be worth checking out if it is too cold or rainy, lots of big flat screens. I hope neither of us gets rained out. Have a great time at the new house!

cheshirecat9 said...

PS: I take the subway so unfortunately I don't know anything about parking, but the garage you used to park at is definitely still there.

J-Boogie said...

Thanks for the info. I'm sure we'll be spending some time in the JB suite especially if it's constantly raining. I believe my tickets get me access. The stubuhub listing said they did. I don't see the wife wanting to watch the game in a downpour. Definitely want to check out the museum. I want to see all the signed balls.